Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Sock Bun Adventure, part 1

A few days ago I mentioned in that I was going to try out the sock bun curl method.  And I actually did.

This is how it started:


Pardon me trying to turn around awkwardly to to to get these shots with my webcam instead of not being lazy and taking it with my camera and tripod. It was late. And I was lazy.  And also, please pardon my messy room.  I have no excuses. :)

And this is what it looked like upon waking up:




And this is after I took it down and added a bit of mousse for hold, and voila:



Sock bun curls!I'd say my first attepmt went pretty well. It's a great video and I TOTALLY recommend trying it! Why?
1. It is REALLY quick.
2. It is REALLY easy.
3. It saves time.
4. It saves your hair from SO much damage from heat styling with curlers, dryers, etc.

And who doesn't like, quick, easy, tricks that equal prettiful hair and even prettiful-er hair over time that is not dry and heat damaged?

And a helpful hint:
Make sure you put the bun up really high, like on the very top of your head, with a hair tie that's not too tight, or you will get some kinks you might have to flat iron out (which defeats the no heat purpose).

If anyone is interested in trying it out, all you need is a sock and a hair tie. And to check out this video to learn how.

<3
M



2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'll have to try that!

    I wanted to let you know about a new blog FEST about food, style & travel. Come follow along as I document my wardrobe challenge: to not but any clothes in 2012. It's gonna be great. Also, be sure to join the site so you can enter the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you:) i will have to check out the blog fest!

      Delete