Thursday, February 2, 2012

Things I've Learned by Thursday Part 1

Man, don't you just love those times when there's nothing to do but to just say to yourself
"Dude, that was SO awkward"
or
"I am never doing THAT again"
 sometimes the occasional
 "Wow, I feel stupid"
 and then there's
 "Haha, I am so lame"
So on this "Things I've Learned by Thursday" I'm gonna share two such experiences I have had with you. Take it from me, you do not want to learn these lessons for yourself;)

Number 1: I do NOT recommend going to a gas station unshowered, pigtails, in your baggiest pair of sweats with no makeup and rationalize it with "Oh well, I am paying with a card at the pump, I won't see anyone."  Something might go wrong at the pump, like an error message saying "See Cashier". Insert minor panic attack and "Uh oh, guess I'm gonna have to see someone after all," *glance inside* "WHY oh WHY does it have to be a cute guy behind the counter?! Where's the little old ladies when you need them??!" All of the above phrases were muttered to myself as I walked in, paid inside, hid my un-made up and reddened face, then shuffled on outta there.
Please note, jiggling the nozzle around quickly and pushing random buttons on the screen out of panic does not make the error message go away.



Number 2. Blasting the Backstreet Boys "Quit Playin' Games With My Heart" and singing at the top of your lungs with the windows rolled up in the car does NOT mean that people can't see you, especially when you are stopped at a stoplight. Your windows are not tinted. Be prepared for awkward stares and raised eyebrows. I don't care how much you relate to this song, next time, just wait till it turns green.
Also, it would be helpful not to dance and use your fist as a microphone. That probably didn't help with those weird looks.

Face, meet palm.

3 comments:

  1. ha, i totally say that singing at the top of your lungs is perfectly normal and all those people staring are just jealous!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! so true! they are jealous of our skill and great taste in music:)

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete