Thursday, June 28, 2012

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring..."

Two things you should know about me:
One
I love Etsy. Like, LOOOOVE it.
Two
I love, love, LOOOOVE The Hunger Games. Peeta? Peeta anyone?
Seriously, after reading the trilogy and seeing the first movie I am dying already for the next 2 to come out.

So, I don't know why it took me so long to look up The Hunger Games items on Etsy. And now, I am glad I did. Behold, my new favorite necklace:




After having my world falling apart last year, this quote from Mockingjay really hit home:

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring

The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction.

The promise that life can go on

no matter how bad our losses.

That it can be good again."




I wear this necklace close to my heart now, not only because of my love for this quote and the book series,  but because it holds a special place in my heart. It IS true, life can and does go on, no matter what we've gone through, no matter what we've lost.  Heavenly Father will help and heal you and bless you with peace and happiness and hope. Life IS good, and I am so grateful.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, that last picture is beautiful. I love pinterest and the hunger games too! I'm for peeta :)

    That necklace is great! Love. the. quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much:) yay for team peeta!! haha.
      thanks for stopping by my blog...i am checking yours out now:)

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete
  2. I loooove that. I etsy-ed Hunger Games and bought a shirt. One of my favorite purchases in awhile haha. I'm scaryishly obsessed with hunger games...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amazing! I have to hold myself back from buying so many of the things I saw!
      we can most definitely get along then because I am scaryishly obsessed with it too! haha. its the best:)
      and welcome to my blog!! :):)

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete
  3. Love The Hunger Games too! I've been meaning to grab a copy of the books but still haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my, you totally have to read the books, they are the BEST! and they make the movie mean so much more! i totally recommend them:)
      welcome to my blog! i'll be heading over to yours too for sure!

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful post. So true and inspiring! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! and of course, I love your blog:)

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete
  5. I really love your look. You wear red lips so beautifully. And there's something so serene and genuine about your photos. I think it's really great to "wear the necklace close to your heart" like that!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you SO much! you are so sweet!! I really appreciate all your awesome compliments:)
      and thank you for stopping by my blog! i will be sure to head over to yours too!

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete
  6. very lovely post!! thats so special that you have that necklace- you're adorable and you can totally rock that red lipstick girl! :)

    andrea brionne
    @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww wow thank you so very much!! you are so sweet! and thank you for coming by my blog, i will most definitely be heading over to yours too!!

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete
  7. I love that books have that ability to really change the way we think of somethings. Love the hunger games too, but Peeta breaks my heart in the third book and I'm so sad that he's so distorted and twisted by what happened to him. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about books too!
      You have good taste in books:)
      I know, I was heartbroken when Peeta became the way he did! I guess that made it even more special that he overcame and everything turned out good!

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete