Friday, January 18, 2013

The Little Things

Today I was sitting in the home of the family I nanny for, watching Alia (18 months old) and Rylan (4 years old) crazily chase each other around the living room and giggle.  The TV was on with one of my favorite shows playing, and the hum of the dishwasher was in the background, and I thought to myself 
"I am so blessed."
It's the little things in life that matter so much, that may seem small, especially to others, but are truly very big things.
So I have decided to focus more on these Little Things, these Tender Mercies and that are such big blessings from the Lord to remind me how much he loves me, and to make sure I recognize them, and thank my Heavenly Father for them.



Little Things I Love This Week:
  • The comforting sound of the dishwasher running
  • Waking up to a soft,white glow in my room from freshly fallen snow covering my skylight
  • A girls night with 3 of my best friends that are 3 of my absolute favorite people
  • Inside jokes with friends
  • Blasting music and having an in-car dance party with my little sister
  • Gorgeous sunrises to admire while I drive to work in the morning


2 comments:

  1. I love this, it is so true! There is ALWAYS something to be thankful for :) and I am so looking forward to warm summer nights with the car windows down blasting music and car dancing... Greatest ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks:)
      oh my gosh i am so looking forward to that too! definitely the greatest ever!

      <3
      Kenzie

      Delete