Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Adulting

So a little peak into my life latey:

The other night I got out of the shower after 10pm and had an intense craving for frozen yogurt. So I went. Just threw on some sweats, put a headband in my wet hair, and went.



I have developed a keen awkwardness around males. I used to be a very smooth flirt in front of the fellas. But I am here to tell you there is nothing smooth about gasping, spilling your drink, and tripping when you see a shirtless guy at work (yes this happened).

Speaking of tripping, and guys...this happened again the other day. I was walking out of my job and didn't clear a gate when I was stepping over it. This resulted in me falling and knocking over every other section of the gate in a quite impressive domino fashion. And bonus! It was in front of a guy I have a very school-girl-like crush on.

I literally hid my phone for an entire day to avoid real life.  I wanted to continue this, and still would be, but I realized I pay for that dang thing. Bills suck yo.

I stayed up till 3 for the past couple of weeks laughing my butt off at Urkel on Family Matters all alone in my room like a crazy person. This was regretted every time my alarm went off early the next morning for work, but not changed. I have my priorities. 

Speaking of Urkel, my mom surprised me and gave me a Steve Urkel doll she found at an antique store and I squealed almost as loud as I did when my sister and I scored front row One Direction tickets.

And one more "McKenzie is awkward around guys" story. While I was at work recently, I was having a rough day, which prompted a heart-to-heart with the cat of the family I work for. It was all fine and dandy till the guy I work for walked in and caught me talking to it.

And there ya have it, welcome to adulting folks.





3 comments:

  1. you are too funny! i can definitely relate to this post... especially the awkwardness around guys, tripping in public, and strong froyo cravings. they are SO REAL. who knew adulting could be such a struggle?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well I'm glad I'm not the only one!
      And seriously! I feel like I should have been warned about this haha.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, that Steve Urkel doll is beyond perfect!!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete